See more KIN DIY:
SUBSCRIBE To Robert’s Channel
Robert’s Fruit & Vegetable Container Garden
Good quality potting soil
Fruit and vegetable cuttings
Containers/pots for planting
Shallow dishes and cups with water for rooting
This simple DIY is a wonderful way to recycle the scraps from fruits and vegetable to recreate a home container garden. Much of the process is trial and error, but you will be amazed by some of the results!
• HERBS: Take clippings, roughly 4 to 5 inches in length from live herb plants and place in a glass of water. Place in indirect sunlight and typically within the course of 2 weeks the clipping will sprout new root. Once the clipping has begun to generate new roots, allow it 2 additional weeks to become established in the water before transplanting it to a size approporaiet container of potting soil.
• LETTUCE & ROOT VEGETABLES: Take a cutting from the end of a root vegetable (such as a radish, onion or carrot) or a head of lettuce and place it cut side down into a shallow dish of water. Place in indirect sunlight and typically within the course of 2 weeks the vegetable cuttings will take root. Once the cutting have begun to generate new roots, allow them 2 additional weeks to become established in the water before transplanting them to size appropriate containers of potting soil. Once planted in soil, it will take approximately 2 to 3 weeks for the plants to mature.
• FRUIT HYBRIDS: Slice the ends of two comparably sized fruits (apples & pears, bananas & kiwis) making certain that there are visible seeds present in the fruit. Place the cuttings flesh sides together and place in a container of good quality potting soil. Cover with an additional inch of soil and moisten lightly. Over the course of 1 to 2 weeks the cutting will begin to heal together and commence growing as one plant. Place the container in indirect sunlight and maintain moderately moist soil. Once established, plants will require 2 to 3 weeks to mature and produce fully formed, edible fruits.
• You can experiment with all manner of fruit and vegetable peels, clipping and cuttings. To aid in the establishment of your new plants, many home and garden centers sell vitamin boosts with assist new plants in establishing their roots.
• New fruit hybrids are often a hit and miss process of experimentation and results are not guaranteed. However, if you are able to successfully grow the beautiful banana and kiwi combination demonstrated in this video, we recommend you proceed directly to your corner market and purchase a lottery ticket. Wishing you a very happy April Fool’s Day!
video source: www.youtube.com
Visit www.nurserylive.com : Largest online nursery that delivers 6000 + plants, seeds, pots & pebbles to you home across India.
Buy Plants >> | Buy Seeds >> | Buy Pots >> | Buy Pebbles >> | Buy Soil & Fertilizer