How To Grow Tomato & Pepper Plants Outdoors in Arizona – Organic Raised Bed Vegetable Garden
This is the 18-day update on how my tomato and pepper plants are doing in the raised bed garden I planted in Arizona. Today, I pruned the tomato plants so they can focus their energy on growing up and producing fruit.
I haven’t secured the tomatoes yet because I want them to get as strong as possible on their own, as we get strong winds here during monsoon season in July and August.
I will be posting a video when I do so, as the method I will be using is combination of advice from my dad and uncle who are gardening gurus
I clipped the tops of my pepper plants because they were damaged from the strong winds we had here in Arizona. Please don’t try this because I am not sure if it’s going to work. I will do another update video in about a week and will post a link right where I am talking about it in this video.
When I first planted them, for both, tomato and peeper plants, in the planting hole, I added:
1. One tablespoon of Epsom salt
2. One tablespoon of Azomite rock dust
3. One tablespoon of homemade eggshell and banana peel fertilizer. Here is the link to the video so you can see how I make my own organic potassium and calcium fertilizer at home:
4. One crashed baby aspirin per plant
The tomato plants in this video were started indoors from organic seeds on February 14th, 2016. I transplanted them into bigger cups on March 4th.
The pepper plants in this video were started indoors from organic seeds on February 22nd, 2016.
I transplanted both, the tomato and pepper plants into my raised garden bed on April 13th, 2016. And this video is from May 2nd, 2016.
The garden is located on the East side of my house, so it only gets about 5 to 6 hours of morning sun.
I water the garden every day after 7 pm.
*If in the desert location like me:
– never water your plants during the day.
– always let the water run for a while until is normal temperature
I’m located in grow Zone 9 (Arizona… desert), so with a little luck, hopefully, I will be picking tomatoes and peppers this summer.
I hope you find this episode helpful!
If you have any questions about this video, please post them in the comment section and I will answer them.
Good luck and have fun!
If you like this video, give it thumbs up and if this is your first time visiting my channel, please subscribe for many more tips on organic, natural and healthy lifestyle.
1. Click on this link to subscribe:
2. Link to Building the raised garden bed for my tomato and pepper plants:
3. Link to Transplanting my tomato and pepper plants into the
raised bed garden:
4. Link to How To Stake & Tie Tomato Plants – Trellis Ideas For Strong Winds – Vegetable Garden Arizona
5. Link to How To Prune Tomato Plants For Maximum Yield & Bigger Tomatoes – Organic Vegetable Garden in Arizona:
Old School Home & Garden with Sasha