5 Poisonous Deadly Plants That You Should Not Eat

0
4311


For more info visit – www.amazingplanetnews.com

Water hemlock
Cicuta, commonly known as water hemlock, is a small genus of four species of highly poisonous plants in the family Apiaceae.Water hemlock is considered one of North America’s most toxic plants, being highly poisonous to humans. Three members of the genus contain a toxin named cicutoxin which causes central nervous system stimulatory effects including seizures following ingestion.

Castor oil plant
The castor oil plant (Ricinus communis) is a species of flowering plant in the spurge family, Euphorbiaceae. It belongs to a monotypic genus, Ricinus, and subtribe, Ricininae. The evolution of castor and its relation to other species are currently being studied using modern genetic tools An alcoholic extract of the leaf was shown, in lab rats, to protect the liver from damage from certain poisons

Rosary Pea
Abrus precatorius, known commonly as jequirity, Crab’s eye, rosary pea, precatory pea or bean,The toxin abrin is a dimer consisting of two protein subunits, termed A and B. The B chain facilitates abrin’s entry into a cell by bonding to certain transport proteins on cell membranes, which then transport the toxin into the cell. Once inside the cell, the A chain prevents protein synthesis by inactivating the 26S subunit of the ribosome. One molecule of abrin will inactivate up to 1,500 ribosomes per second.

Atropa belladonna
Atropa bella-donna, commonly known as Belladonna or Deadly Nightshade, Belladonna is one of the most toxic plants found in the Eastern Hemisphere. All parts of the plant contain tropane alkaloids. The berries pose the greatest danger to children because they look attractive and have a somewhat sweet taste. The consumption of two to five berries by a human adult is probably lethal. The root of the plant is generally the most toxic part, though this can vary from one specimen to another. Ingestion of a single leaf of the plant can be fatal to an adult

Nerium Oleander
Nerium oleander is an evergreen shrub or small tree in the dogbane family Apocynaceae, toxic in all its parts.
Oleander poisoning occurs when someone sucks nectar from the flowers or chews leaves from the oleander or yellow oleander plant. Poisoning can also happen if you eat honey made by bees that used the oleander plant for nectar.

video source: www.youtube.com

Visit www.nurserylive.com : Largest online nursery that delivers 6000 + plants, seeds, pots & pebbles to you home across India.

Buy Plants >> | Buy Seeds >> | Buy Pots >> | Buy Pebbles >> | Buy Soil & Fertilizer

0.00 avg. rating (0% score) - 0 votes

LEAVE A REPLY